The following pages contain rules and guidelines as suggested and established by the various Club committees. These rules are not bylaws and as such, they may be revised at the suggestion of the Club’s General Manager, or at the discretion of the Board of Directors or respective committee. Thirty (30) days notice of Rules changes is not necessary.
NEWNAN COUNTRY CLUB HOUSE RULES
- Proper attire for members and their guests is required in the main dining room, Members’ Room and during Sunday Brunch.
- Casual attire is acceptable in the Grill Room. This does not include bathing suits.
- No golf shoes or hats are allowed upstairs with the exception of when lunches are being served during tournaments
- Proper golf and tennis attire is required when playing golf or tennis.
- Children of members shall observe the same dress code as adults.
- All facilities and services of the club are for the use of members in good standing and their guests.
- Guests are considered individuals living outside Coweta County.
- NCC is not responsible for loss or damage to any personal property of members or guests.
- No pets are allowed on Club property at any time.
- No outside food or beverages are allowed on Club property at any time.
- Private parties involving the use of the facilities by non members must be sponsored by a member.
- No member or their guest is allowed in the kitchen or bar areas at any time.
- All tickets will be signed at the time food, beverages or merchandise is purchased or received.
- Members are responsible for any damage of Club property caused by them, their dependants, or guests.
- Members are responsible for any charges incurred by their dependents or guests.
- Parents are responsible for the conduct of their children.
- Any parties involving minors must be chaperoned by the member whose name the party is reserved under.
- Any member having a check returned for insufficient funds will be fined $75.00. If a second offence occurs the member will be subject to suspension.
- No one under the age of eighteen (18) is allowed to rent a golf cart.
- No one under the age of twenty-one (21) is allowed to order alcoholic beverages.
- Use of the Grill Room by children is limited to dining purposes only, and must be accompanied by an adult.
- No bathing suits are allowed in the clubhouse.
- No children under the age of twelve (12) are allowed on the grounds of the club without adult supervision.
- Non-member babysitters of club members are allowed in the pool area but are held to the same standards as members.
The Board of Directors at Newnan Country Club has the authority to make exception to the House Rules on an as needed basis. In addition, the General Manager and/or Board of Directors have the authority to ask a member and/or guest to leave the club grounds for violating any of these House Rules.
NEWNAN COUNTRY CLUB GOLF RULES
- make play on the course enjoyable for all
- assure that proper care is taken of the course and golf carts
Rules may be enforced by the Greens Committee, Tournament Committee, General Manager, Golf Shop Employees and/or the Board of Directors.
Golf carts are a convenience furnished for our members. They are also an important source of revenue for the Club. On the other hand, they are destructive when used improperly. The following guidelines are intended to insure the safety for all players, to maintain the health and beauty of the golf course, and to minimize damage and unnecessary wear to the golf carts.
- Only a person with a permanent Driver’s License may rent or operate a golf cart.
- Carts will remain on paths near all tee boxes.
- Obey directional signs posted at approaches to greens indicating the point the cart should be returned to the cart path.
- Keep carts on path when you are within thirty (30) yards of a green.
- Cart path only on all par three (3) holes.
- Cart path only on the entire course when conditions warrant as indicated by the pro shop and course signage.
- When on cart path keep all four (4) wheels on pavement.
- Use paved parking area at practice range.
- NCC expects caution and good judgment in the operation of a golf cart. Driver is personally responsible for any bodily injury or property damage caused. Abuse or misuse of a cart may result in the loss of rental privileges. Fines may be imposed for disregarding operation rules.
We should strive to exercise proper golf etiquette at all times. Try to play at a pace that will allow you to hold your place on the course. If you are holding up the group behind you, and you have a hole open in front of you, invite the group to play through.
- Arrange your group(s) so as to have no more than four (4) in a group.
- In no case will a group of more than four (4) players be allowed unless approved by the Pro Shop.
- Groups continuing play from the ninth (9th) hole have the right of way to the tenth (10th) tee over groups starting on the back nine (9).
- Groups starting play on the first (1st) hole have the right of way on the first (1st) tee over groups continuing play from any hole.
- Many golfers are not aware that foursomes have the right of way and priority on the course. There may be occasions that a twosome or a single is invited to play through, but if not, be patient and hold your position. Do not put pressure on the group in front by hitting into them or encouraging them to allow you to play through.
The Pro Shop regularly monitors play and will assist players following groups not keeping proper pace on the course.
The Tournament Committee shall have charge of all Club golf tournaments. This Committee shall adopt and enforce local rules, appoint a Handicap Committee to regulate and evaluate the handicaps, and adopt the Club’s scorecard showing par and handicap strokes. All tournaments shall be cleared by this Committee. The Committee will coordinate all tournaments with the Head Pro or his staff. The Tournament Committee shall have final authority regarding all questions concerning format, player participation, and player handicaps.
- No practicing from any tee box on the course.
- No practicing of any type on any green, other than the practice green.
- Practicing shall be restricted to the practice area.
- All persons desiring to play golf or practice must register in the Pro Shop before beginning to play.
- Out of town guests and Social members must pay or charge green fees before beginning to play.
- Social members must pay greens fees to participate in any golf activity.
- Observe instruction signs governing play when posted.
- Exercise good housekeeping habits on the golf course. (Fill divots with sand, repair ball marks, etc.)
- Tank tops, gym shorts, blue jeans, and men’s sleeveless shirts of any kind will not be permitted to be worn on the golf course. Golfers are to dress in an appropriate manner conducive to the high standards of a country club.
- Saturday and Sunday tee times may be called in on Thursday starting at 8AM.
- No children under the age of twelve (12) years of age allowed on the course without adult supervision or unless approved by the Golf Pro.
- Coweta County guests may play with a member Tuesday-Friday, and are limited to one (1) visit per person per quarter.
- No limit to the number of guests a member may bring as long as the individual Coweta County guests do not exceed one (1) visit per quarter
NEWNAN COUNTRY CLUB SWIMMING POOL RULES
- The pool will be open daily.
- Pool hours are from 10:00AM to 8:00PM Sunday through Thursday.
- Friday and Saturday hours are 10:00AM to 9:00PM.
- UNACCOMPANIED MINORS (under age 18) WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE THE POOL WHEN LIFEGUARDS ARE NOT PRESENT.
- ANY TIME YOU ARE IN THE POOL, WITH OR WITHOUT LIFEGUARDS, YOU ARE SWIMMING AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Lifeguards will have complete charge of the pool area and authority to enforce ALL rules, to include temporary suspension of pool participation privileges. Lifeguards will fill out a discipline sheet on members’ children for Board review. It will not be necessary for the lifeguards to discuss this with members or children prior to entry of the report.
- Children in diapers must wear watertight pants or swim diapers.
- Children under twelve (12) years of age must be accompanied by an adult who remains at the pool.
- Lifeguards are not hired to babysit. PLEASE DO NOT ASK THEM.
- Put all trash in containers.
- Although provisions for the safety of the bathers have been provided, the Club assumes no responsibility for the safety of anyone using the pool or its facilities.
- No one wearing a bathing suit is permitted in any part of the clubhouse except in the pool area. You must be dry, covered, and wearing shoes to enter the clubhouse. No cut-offs, shorts not designed for water wear, or visible underwear permitted in or around the pool.
- No horseplay. Examples include but are not limited to:
- no running,
- no diving in shallow water,
- no games in the deep end while someone is using the diving board.
- Fifteen (15) minute breaks at fifteen (15) until the hour will be observed for adult swim. Parents may use this time to swim with their toddler.
- Members shall be responsible for the conduct of their guests.
- Dogs or other pets are not permitted in the pool area.
- Only one (1) person will be allowed on the diving board at a time.
- No outside food or beverages can be brought onto Club property, except for Mondays when grill is closed.
- All private parties at the pool must be cleared and coordinated through the Club’s Food and Beverage Manager. Appropriate fees and charges will be arranged.
- Babysitters of club members must be at least sixteen (16) years of age and have adequate swimming ability. Members must register the names of those non-member babysitters with the office prior to attendance at the pool, and give written permission upon registering babysitters as to use of the member’s charge account.
- No loud music from anyone on Club grounds.
- No smoking by anyone under eighteen (18) years of age.
- No loitering on Club property.
- The NCC pool is for member use only. In-county guests are strictly prohibited. NCC members may bring out-of-county guests any day the pool is open, provided they register the guests, and these guests are accompanied by an adult member.
NEWNAN COUNTRY CLUB TENNIS RULES
- Regulation tennis shoes are mandatory. Street shoes are not allowed on tennis courts.
- Acceptable tennis attire, including shirts, must be worn.
- Standardized tennis clothing in various colors as well as white is permitted. This rule also applies to warm-up suits.
- Playing tennis in bathing suits is strictly prohibited.
- No food is allowed on courts.
- No chairs or other like materials are allowed on courts.
- Each person is responsible for cleaning up any litter on or around the courts after their court time.
- Conduct on the courts is every member’s responsibility. If you see conduct unbecoming to Newnan Country Club, it is your responsibility to report this to the Club’s General Manager and the Club office where it can be dealt with by the governing body of the Club.
- Do not enter any court, or collect or ask for balls from neighboring courts until the rally has finished.
- Please return tennis balls to adjoining courts as soon as it is convenient.
- It is in the interest of all, especially in doubles, to keep the game flowing. Also, please ensure that the server is provided with tennis balls at all times.
- In normal practice, the receiver(s) will call any line calls. If there is any doubt, a let (“do-over”) should be played.
- Please show good sportsmanship when playing or watching matches.
- The use of foul language, abusive outbursts and/or intimidating behavior by any member will NOT be tolerated, especially in social sessions.
- Non-NCC member usage: Members shall be allowed to bring a non-member guest to play tennis, provided the member registers the guest in the Pro shop when the reservation is made. The member pays six dollars ($6) per hour per guest; the member shall not bring the same guest more than two (2) times per month.
- Any Club sanctioned event (tournament, clinic, etc.) has priority over individual play.
- When other members are waiting, play will be limited to one (1) hour for singles and two (2) hours for doubles.
- Courts may be reserved in advance, and those players holding reservations have priority over those players who have not reserved the court in question.
- Court reservations will be defaulted fifteen (15) minutes past the reserved time.
- If a player has a starting time and cannot make it, that player is requested to call the Pro Shop and cancel.
- Upon completion of play at night, it will be the responsibility of the member playing on the court to see that all lights are turned off when leaving the court.
- Children under the age of eighteen (18) shall not be allowed to reserve the tennis courts on Saturdays and Sundays more than twenty-four (24) hours in advance. Children using the courts at any time without reservations shall be required to relinquish the court to the adult players upon request.
- The draw will be seeded as fairly as possible. The decision of the Chairperson(s) of the tournament with respect to seeding will be final.
- Tournaments will be adequately published before hand. No entries will be accepted after the posted deadline. Entries may be made by sign-up at the Pro Shop, in person, or by telephone to the tournament chairperson. All entry fees will be billed by the Club effective when the draw is made. Forfeits do not constitute grounds for refund of entry fees.
- All major tournaments will have four (4) divisions; Championship, A, B, and C. However, there must be four (4) entries to constitute a division. If there are less than four (4) entries in a division, those entries will be included in the next higher division.
- All division winners from the Club Championship tournament must move to the next higher division for any subsequent tournament through the next season of play. In all cases of doubles, the highest ranked individual will determine the level of play. Also, in case of doubles, should an individual win two (2) major tournaments at a given level with different partners, then that person must move up to the next level in any subsequent tournaments.
- A forfeit counts as one (1) loss.
- The official draw will be posted in the Pro Shop; it will be every individual participant’s responsibility to check the posted draw for opponents and times. The Tournament Committee will not do this.
- The winners must post match results in the Pro Shop immediately – if the Pro Shop is closed, then as soon as possible.
- A junior may elect to play the adult tournament; however, that junior is no longer eligible for the junior tournaments through that year’s championship.
- U.S.T.A. approved balls are used. The winner takes the unopened can of balls. Best two (2) out of three (3) sets will determine the winner. Default time limit of twenty (20) minutes will be enforced.
- Tournament rules are effective on an annual basis. Such other rules as may be deemed necessary for a given tournament may be set by the Tournament Committee. These rules may be amended at any time by the Tournament Committee and may vary from tournament to tournament. Any requests for rule changes should be directed to the Tennis Committee for the following year.
- Adult ALTA: All adult ALTA teams who wish to be registered as NCC Home Teams shall require one hundred percent (100%) Newnan Country Club membership.
- Final interpretation of the rules in special cases will be left to the discretion of the Tennis Committee.
- Each member is requested to help enforce the rules by reminding others of their violations, and reporting infractions to the Tennis Committee.
- No children under twelve (12) years of age allowed without adult supervision or approved by the Tennis Pro.
- Tennis instructions at NCC: Non-members shall be allowed to enroll in a class offered at NCC as long as they pay non-member court fees (to be determined by the instructor) as well as the teaching fee, as long as they are sponsored by a member. When court space is an issue, children’s classes shall be conducted on the two (2) courts in front of the pool.